made my day
It’s really weird trying to explain the differences between Catholicism and other branches of Christianity to people who aren’t religious because it ultimately ends up, “Well this is Catholic, this is Catholic classic, this is Catholic-lite, this is diet Catholic, this is new taste less calories not as popular Catholic, and this is I can’t believe it’s not Catholic.”
….I think I died a little from laughter because this is fairly accurate.
I think I knew that. Might have been a different tour/event a few years ago. Time is so relative.
the tour has been going on for a while, but they had to cancel the original midwest portion due to family illness. this may be a reschedule.
and here it is.
my 24 hour comic
took 22 hours. and then a little longer for some edits but. I’ve still got another hour till my 24 is officially up, and I’m definitely gonna be snoozing.
For having no planning except a selkie design and a rough concept of the girl, I think I did alright. I definitely pushed my self to try new things and, I’m happy about that. there are some things I’d like to tweak but… NOPE! IM DONE!
I also learned how much I can get done when I don’t distract myself so much. have to figure out how to rein that in haha.
also, if you’re curious about the title! fun fact time thanks to wikipedia (so it may or may not be true)
Selkies (also known as silkies or selchies) are mythological creatures found in Faroese, Icelandic, Irish, and Scottish folklore. The word derives from earlier Scots selich, (from Old English seolh meaning seal)
okay. sleep time.
Right. Lemme pluck this thorn out my foot. I work magic, but I am not a witch. I do not identify as a witch, and to tell me I’m a witch because I work magic is to ignore my autonomy and slander me.
I believe in Christ, that is, I believe he is a divinity. But I am not a Christian. I do not identify as a Christian, and in many ways I am hostile to the Christian faith. (I’m hostile to all monotheistic faiths, really. Equal opportunity blasphemer.) To tell me that I’m a Christian because I recognize the existence of Christ is to ignore my autonomy and slander me.
There is an initiation to become Christian. An initiation to become Wiccan. An initiation to become a mambo. An initiation to the magic societies. For those, there are requirements to be met that are defined and immovable.
There is no requirement to be a witch.
There is no council or body of work that holds absolute judgment on the title or definition of witch. What is forbidden witchcraft in one country is daily good practices in another.
No council, no defining tome, no common practices, no universal markers, no teachers with accepted degrees. (Wicca does not define all witchcraft. Just Wiccan-craft.) No cross cultural means of drawing the line in the sand.
Just individual lines for individual people.
If some person, never having worked magic before, decides they are going to start by those means available to them, and call themselves a witch for it, then they are a witch.
If some person, having practiced magic for decades but never had exposure to any European or American books and such, wish to identify themselves as a witch, then they are a witch.
Formal education has nothing to do with it. Formal initiation has nothing to do with it. A witch is not a mambo, a ceremonial magician, a cunning person, a bishop, or a member of a religion. (Though any of those can be a witch, if they choose to be.)
A witch is not defined by their tools, their gender, their skills, their ability, their clothes, or their religious beliefs, if any.
A witch is defined by the answer to the question: “Are you a witch?” No one has the right to answer that question for them. No one has the right to argue their answer. How effective a witch they are is irrelevant.
A witch self-identifies themselves. We may raise an eyebrow at some of those that identify as a witch, but our skepticism is on our plate to eat.
How to be a witch: Identify as a witch.
area 51 is just the american wizarding school
aliens is a perfect cover story
FUCK, THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE READ ALL DAY.
The Chalice Well, Glastonbury, England
Also known as ‘The Well of Avalon’.
Archaeological evidence suggests that the well has been in almost constant use for at least two thousand years. Water issues from the spring at a rate of 25,000 gallons per day and has never failed, even during drought. The water is believed to possess healing qualities.
The Well is often portrayed as a symbol of the female aspect of deity, with the male symbolised by Glastonbury Tor. As such, it is a popular destination for pilgrims in search of the divine feminine, including Pagans. The Well is however popular with all faiths and in 2001 became a World Peace Garden.
It’s been over a year since my last giveaway, so I think it’s about time for me to host another :) Click the images for a larger view.
- Silver crescent moon necklace with an amethyst crystal briolette
- Blue flash labradorite pendant, handmade by me (chain included)
- Rose quartz heart
- Midnight goldstone star
- Raw celestite crystal
- Raw green calcite
- Tumbled amethyst
- Tumbled moonstone
- One antique key from this lot: (see photo)
- Corked glass bottle containing mixed gems (amethyst, carnelian, red garnet, sodalite, and quartz)
Rules and Qualification:
- Reblog this post to enter the giveaway, that’s it!
- Likes do not count, though it’s fine to like this to bookmark the post.
- Please be courteous — don’t spam reblog. This will disqualify you.
- Deleting or altering the text of this post will disqualify you.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter, as per tumblr guidlines.
- Your ask box must be open for me to contact you, if you win.
- You must be willing to give me a shipping address to send the prizes.
- The winner must respond within 48 hours or another winner shall be chosen.
- So I know that you’ve read these rules clearly, tag this post with “magicbunnies” when you reblog it.
- You don’t have to follow me, though it’s appreciated if you like my blog!
- This giveaway ends on Friday August 22nd, 2014 at 11 pm EST.
- The winner will be chosen at random with random.org for fairness — I will keep very close track of the notes.
- The worth of this giveaway is about $55 USD.
- I will pay for shipping expenses, including international shipping.
- It’s okay to reblog this post more than once, but like I said, please don’t spam.
- I’ll likely be including some surprise goodies as ideas come to me.
- All of the crystals featured are natural and untreated, besides the sparkly goldstone.
- Do you like the jewelry featured? You can view more of my work at my shop.
Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Good luck and take care!
this ends tonight and I’ll be including some surprise goodies! get your reblogs in :)